Terms & Conditions
Return and Repair Policy and Warranty Information
Updated and Effective as of January 1, 2015
If your artwork arrives at the original destination in less than perfect condition, the damage must be reported within 48 hours of arrival.
- Any box damage must be photographed and documented so that we may file a claim with the shipping company.
- In cases where there is no box or frame damage (such as detachment of piece from backing), a call tag will be sent for return of the merchandise at no cost to the customer. The customer is responsible for scheduling a UPS pickup or taking the item(s) to a UPS drop-off location. Dimensions of the return shipping box will be required for a call tag to be issued. The return shipping box must be appropriate for the piece.
- In cases where there is substantial box damage (appropriately documented) accompanying damage to the artwork, a call tag will be sent for return of the merchandise at no cost to the customer. Dimensions of the return shipping box will be required for a call tag to be issued. The return shipping box must be appropriate for the piece.
- In all other cases, return shipping is the responsibility of the customer as well as any associated out-of-warranty repairs or replacement costs. (see below for circumstances which void the warranty)
Pheromone products are guaranteed against mold, infestation, and manufacturer defect for life, with the following exceptions:
- Any frame damage not reported within 48 hours of arrival at original destination renders this warranty null and void.
- Approved reporting methods are:
- E-mail detailed damage report with images of exterior box as well as piece damage to: [email protected]
- Call and report damage (or leave a voicemail with details) to: 503-990-8132
- Physical damage to the piece (other than mold, infestation, or other damage not caused by mishandling) which is not reported within 48 hours of arrival at original destination renders this warranty null and void.
- Any additional, unreported damage to the piece discovered upon return to Pheromone will be assumed to be the result of improper packaging and charged to the customer, unless there is visible damage to packaging which appears to be otherwise adequate to protect the piece(s). In such cases, it is the customer’s responsibility to file a claim with the shipping carrier they utilized to return the piece.
- Pheromone’s warranty does not extend outside of the United States. Please contact our office with questions.
- Reclamation pieces are excluded from the “lifetime” warranty. Please contact our office with questions or for additional exceptions.
Pieces in original, re-sellable condition may be returned to Pheromone’s Studio (address below) at the customer’s expense for credit/exchange (no cash refunds) within 90 days of receipt. For exceptions and exclusions, please contact our office at 503-990-8132 or [email protected].
Instructions for returning piece(s) for repair or replacement:
NOTE: Failure to properly follow instructions may result in denial of warranty claim and repair charges being assessed to the customer.
- All pieces must be returned at the customer’s expense unless otherwise agreed upon by an authorized representative of Pheromone, or as outlined above.
- Interior boxes are NOT to be used alone to re-ship pieces.
- All pieces must be returned in adequate packaging, including:
- Exterior box must be appropriate for the piece(s) being returned. Overly large boxes or boxes with insufficient interior space may contribute to further piece damage, which will incur repair charges that will be the responsibility of the customer.
- There must be a minimum of 2” of packing material between the piece(s) and the box on all sides
- Packing material must be used to fill in all open space between piece(s) and exterior box (interior boxes must be held firm by foam or other packing material but it is not necessary to fill all voids between boxes)
- Multiple pieces must be separated from each other with a minimum of 1” of foam, bubble wrap, or other appropriate packing material
- Exterior box must be clearly marked “Fragile” on at least three sides
- Ship return packages to:
3655 Kashmir Way SE
Salem, OR 97317
Providing correct shipping information is the responsibility of the customer when confirming order. Any additional charges incurred due to incorrect or incomplete shipping information will be billed to the customer.
*These terms do not apply to the Christopher Marley Museum Collection.
Zip Code Exclusivity Policy
Updated and Effective as of January 1, 2015
As a way to protect our brick and mortar stores, we want to continue offering our retailers exclusive access to product lines through our Zip Code Exclusivity policy.
For over a decade, Pheromone has protected territories for active stores who purchase a total of $1,000 or more in Pheromone products every six months (not including shipping costs).
Under Pheromone’s 2015 Exclusivity Policy, active stores will be able to reserve specific product lines – making it possible for multiple stores in a zip code to carry Pheromone pieces. Pheromone lines presently include Insects, Shells/Sea Life, Feathers, Minerals/Fossils, Avian and Serpents.
Brick and mortar stores that have purchased every Pheromone product line will continue to have their territory reserved, as long as their accounts remain active.
Inactive stores may become active again. However, if a store becomes inactive and another store opens an account with Pheromone, the inactive store’s product lines will be open for reservation by the new store.
For more information on Pheromone’s Zip Code Exclusivity Policy, please email our office at [email protected].
Mineral Selection & Exchange Policy
Updated and Effective as of April 2015